A- MUSE-in Cover Revolt

A- MUSE-in Cover Revolt
Things ARE changing Join The Revolt.

Friday, March 22, 2013

The 2nd Amendment, Rape, and Idiocy

I am a rape survivor. I am not against protecting oneself, nor am I against guns, but I am against the concept in this country that we cannot deny the masses their rights to own guns unilaterally.

There are many who can access guns who would never pass the psychological testing minimally needed to set up red flags. I know too many of them. For instance when the government knows, without question someone is psychotic based on their VA disability, why is this person allowed to still play with guns?

In a world where animals do not trawl the woods decked out in body armor, please help me to understand why the average Joe needs to own assault weapons to go hunting?

There are those who argue we need guns to protect ourselves against rape...and as a rape survivor I can appreciate that argument...but I have a better argument...instead of giving Carte Blanche, lets make the sentences fit the crimes.

Rape is the only crime where the victim is guilty till proven innocent...and yet when the perpetrator is found guilty the system is lax in assigning appropriate punishment. Rape is a life sentence to the victim, yet it is nothing more than a slap on the wrist to the perpetrator.

How about we give the police the resources needed to make certain known criminals cannot lay their hands on weapons again? If the parole and criminal systems were given the manpower to enforce the ban against unsavories gaining access to illegal weapons...in the form of follow-ups, then why would we need so many guns in the hands of people who should not have them?

I was raped four days before my 18th birthday. I was a virgin. The judge found my rapist guilty, but because of extenuating circumstances he was given a pass. What extenuating circumstances you might ask...his wife had just given birth and the poor man had gone without sex for such a long time...so how could he be guilty of such a heinous crime as violent rape? And yet he was. (It did not matter that he'd bitten through my lower lip...sorry, but my lip had nothing to do with his need for release down there...BUT...the poor guy had been denied sex while his wife went through the physical upheaval of giving birth to his child.)

He was given a pass...two days later he was trying to rape another young woman. Guns had NOTHING to do with his attempt to rape another young woman, but according to modern politicos if we deny guns to the masses, rapists not stopped by concealed weapons who rape again would only have done so because victim one had not shot him in his gonads the first time around. I had my rapist's gonads by the Scales of Justice only to have those Scales tip because my rapist used his wife's giving birth to justify him raping me. Does that mean we do not need the Scales of Justice these politicos purport to be part of?

I agree with the statement about guns not killing people...people kill people and anyone determined to kill will kill, but if people did not have such easy access to guns, fewer guns would be employed in the act of killing people.

I do not know what the Founding Fathers meant when they fashioned the Bill of Rights and specifically the 2nd Amendment, but neither does anyone else. Without a time machine to carry me back into the minds of the Framers as they were creating the Constitution NONE of us can really know what they were thinking...except they'd just come out of a horrific war where the MILITIA needed to be armed to battle the army sent from Britain to crush their rebellion.

I can imagine after that none of them wanted to risk another such revolution...and since we had the War of 1812 I assume the Founding Fathers enacted the 2nd amendment by once more arming the masses to battle the invasion.

But...now here's a question for all of you gun aficionados today...do you think the Framers would have wanted women to have guns? They made NO reference at all to women doing so...so if we are to adhere to the letter of the Constitution as created/written by the Framers, women are NOT protected by the 2nd Amendment concerning guns...so all arguments about women protecting themselves against rapists by having guns is against the design of the Constitution.

Need I remind today's women, the women who fought to get us the same rights as men were incarcerated, beaten and in some cases brought to death to give us the rights the Framers everybody applauds so loudly, did not!

I am a rape survivor. I brought my rapist before the court system. A MALE judge let him go because the poor dear hadn't had sex in several weeks, even though he declared my rapist guilty...only to have my rapist trying to rape another woman two days later.

I love my country so much I want to see those charged with enforcing the laws have the resources to do so, but why would they have to defend us against criminals with weapons they should not have access to?...Our political system is too busy worrying about the gold lining the pockets of the gun makers and sellers and not the police needed to really protect the masses. Let's put our justice where it really belongs.

No comments:

Post a Comment